Leather leggings are very common today and there come in different designs that are very attracted. For you to look exceptional and on point, you need to wear a matching shoe with the leggings. Some times it might become very difficult to find a right pair of shoe to wear with your leather leggings.
This article will be focused on what shoes to wear with leather leggings and other accessories that will complement your dressing.
What shoes to wear with leather leggings?
Leather leggings are a versatile and stylish addition to any wardrobe, but knowing what shoes to wear with them can be a bit of a challenge. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right shoes to pair with your leather leggings:
1. Choose a tall boot.
One of the most classic and chic options for wearing with leather leggings is a tall boot. This can be a knee-high boot or even an over-the-knee boot, depending on your personal style. Just make sure the boots are fitted and streamlined, as chunkier styles can make your legs look shorter.
2. Opt for a pointed-toe pump.
If you want to dress up your leather leggings, a pointed-toe pump is a great choice. Choose a heel height that is comfortable for you, and try to pick a color that complements your leggings. Black pumps are always a safe bet, but you could also try a pop of color for a more playful look.
3. Go for a flat shoe.
If you want a more casual look, or if you just need a comfortable shoe for everyday wear, opt for a flat shoe. Sneakers or trainers are a great choice, especially if you’re going for a sporty or athleisure vibe. Alternatively, you could try a pair of loafers or ballet flats for a more polished look.
4. Avoid clunky or bulky shoes.
When it comes to wearing leather leggings, it’s best to avoid shoes that are too clunky or bulky. This includes things like ankle boots with thick soles, or heavy-duty combat boots. These types of shoes can make your legs look shorter and can take away from the sleek and slenderizing effect of the leggings.
The best shoes to wear with leather leggings will depend on your personal style and the occasion. Just remember to choose a shoe that is fitted and streamlined, and avoid anything too clunky or bulky. With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to find the perfect pair of shoes to complete your leather legging look.
Best shoes to wear with leather leggings
1. Suede Ankle Boot
As a general rule, suede is a great choice for pairing with leather pants because it adds texture and dimension to the outfit. Unlike leather or patent shoes, suede does not match the pants too closely, creating a more interesting and cohesive look. Additionally, wearing suede boots in the same color as the pants can help elongate the leg for a more flattering appearance.
On the other hand, suede also works well when paired with leather pants in a different color, as the rough finish of the suede helps to tie the two pieces together. Overall, suede is a versatile and stylish choice for footwear when wearing leather pants.
2. Point Toe Pump
When you pair a pump or a bootie with a cutout with leather pants, you have more flexibility in terms of the material and color of the footwear. The glimpse of skin creates a cohesive look between the leather pants and the texture and color of the shoe. Although I personally do not favor patent shoes and leather pants, the exposed skin makes it work well together.
Sneakers can give a casual and stylish appearance when worn with skinny leather pants. If the sneakers are black, it is best to choose fabric or suede rather than leather. On the other hand, white leather sneakers look great with skinny leather pants. To complete the look, it is important to show some ankle.
4. Over the Knee Boots
If you want to make a fashion statement while staying warm and comfortable, pairing over-the-knee boots with leather pants is a great choice. These boots have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their stylish and practical design.
Not only do they fully cover the ankle and part of the calf, providing warmth, but they also have a sleek appearance that can elongate the leg and help tuck in tights to avoid exposing skin. Additionally, the black rubber sole ensures durability and long-lasting wear.
5. Leather boots
Leather boots are an ideal choice to pair with tan leather pants. They are lightweight and provide the right amount of coverage while still allowing for comfortable movement throughout the day.
6. Chelsea boots
If you’re looking for a stylish and practical footwear option to wear with your leather pants, consider trying a pair of Chelsea boots. These boots can add a touch of character to any outfit and can be worn both dressed up and dressed down. They are particularly useful in the wintertime as they offer both style and warmth. Whether you opt for brown or black, a pair of Chelsea boots is always a good choice to complement your leather pants.
Loafers are a type of shoe that features rounded toes, high heels, and a relaxed fit, making them comfortable to wear with leather pants. They are also equipped with a fiber-sponge sole that helps reduce friction while walking in the winter. Furthermore, loafers are versatile and can be worn in both casual and formal settings.
8. Wedges with leather leggings
Wedges are a versatile and stylish addition to any wardrobe. They can add a polished and organized touch to any outfit, while still being casual enough to wear with jeans or khakis. Nude or black wedges are a great choice to wear with leather pants, especially if you want to achieve a relaxed, casual look.
What shoes to wear with faux leather leggings?
Faux leather leggings can be paired with a variety of shoe styles, depending on the occasion and the desired look. Here are a few options to consider:
- Ankle boots: Ankle boots are a classic choice that can be dressed up or down, depending on the style. Opt for a pair with a chunky heel for a more casual look, or go for a sleeker, more polished style for a dressier outfit.
- Sneakers: Sneakers are a comfortable and casual option that can be worn with faux leather leggings for a laid-back, sporty look. Choose a pair with a contrasting color or pattern to add some visual interest to the outfit.
- Heels: Heels are a great choice for dressing up a pair of faux leather leggings. Opt for a pair with a pointed toe and a stiletto heel for a more sophisticated look, or go for a chunkier heel for a more casual, edgy vibe.
- Flats: Flats are a comfortable and versatile choice that can be worn with faux leather leggings for a more casual, laid-back look. Choose a pair with a pointed toe or a sleek, ballet flat silhouette for a more polished finish.
Regardless of the shoe style you choose, make sure the fit is comfortable and that the leggings are the right length for the shoe style you are wearing.
How to care for Italian leather shoes?
Italian leather shoes are always made from good quality materials and as such it is expensive. In other for the Italian leather shoes to last long, you need to care for them. One of the foremost means of caring for leather shoes is to keep them clean.
To keep Italian leather shoes clean, you need to have them cleaned frequently and when it is in need. So this need some work from you.
Below are methods you can use to clean Italian leather shoes.
- Protect your shoes from water and stains: To protect your Italian leather shoes from water and stains, you can apply a water-resistant spray or wax. This will create a barrier that will help to keep the leather looking good.
- Clean and condition the leather: To keep the leather soft and supple, clean and condition your shoes regularly. Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away dirt and dust, and follow up with a leather conditioner to moisturize the leather. Avoid using harsh chemicals or detergents, as these can strip the leather of its natural oils and cause it to dry out.
- Store your shoes properly: When not in use, store your Italian leather shoes in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can stuff the toes with newspaper or tissue paper to help them keep their shape. Avoid storing your shoes in damp or humid conditions, as this can cause the leather to become moldy or develop cracks.
- Rotate your shoes: To help your Italian leather shoes last longer, try to rotate between different pairs so that you don’t wear the same pair every day. This will allow the leather to rest and will help to prevent excessive wear and tear.
- Get them professionally cleaned and polished: If your Italian leather shoes are looking particularly worn or dirty, consider getting them professionally cleaned and polished. This will help to restore their natural shine and luster, and will also help to protect the leather from further damage.